Re: Iceweasel/FF makes the embedded videos going 4 times faster when it bugs!

On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:33:16 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

>>> Sure, and even the non-free one, that I installed manually. Adobe
>>> (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/) confirms it:
>>>
>>> ==
>>> You have version 10,0,22,87 installed ==

Side note: I've got "10.0.45.2" :-P

>> Can you send a concrete URI where you are getting problems so we can
>> check?
> Whatever video you could ever get on youtube. Let's take for example
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GxLNNu74DE&feature=related if you want a
> concrete URI. I could play it many times (without actually watching it
> because I am currently not interested in it, I just took it as randomly
> as possible), and it would always work, but, after some hours of use,
> the video would double/triple/quadruple speed.
>
> It happens more often with some websites, but videos need to be
> `sufficiently long.' Such a website (which causes more often problems
> with the player) is rtlinfo.be. Take for example the video
>
> http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/economie/monde/521282/zone-euro-les-pays-a-
la-rescousse-de-la-monnaie-unique
> The player could here stall, or go quite faster than expected. Not
> normal, definitively.

No, definitely not normal. And it's even weirder the behaviour you are
describing here because once the video has been fully buffered, it should
reproduce smoothly, with no glitches nor pauses and no at double-triple
speed, of course :-)

Have you try to clean Icewasel's cache? History, temporary and cookie
files... they tend to increase their size very easily.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón