Re: Capture (for video) what is displayed on the screen

On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:24:31 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón writes:

>> And what happens when you specify another "-s" (size) and "-r" (rate)?
> See my answer to our fellow Alexander. (And also, sorry for not trying
> it correctly, apparently.)

Yes, sorry. I saw the e-mail later.

>> "Recordmydesktop" is another option. There are many others, just check
>> what is better for you.

> I do not even try it. I could not have asked for something better than
> Istanbul: it just fits my needs. (Except if you're `recordmydesktop's
> secret developer, case where I would try it ;-).)

Oh, I'm afraid I have no relation with "recordmydesktop", I just told you
beacuse is one the most recommended aplications for video screen capture,
I think due to is a command line based tool and also can be used with a
GTK or Qt frontend which suits very well for both KDE and GNOME users O:-)

Istanbul seems to be more oriented for a GNOME environment, which in your
case should be a plus :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón