Re: Ctrl+alt+Fn not showing consoles

rudu wrote:

In single user mode, I can login on the first virtual console but every other ctrl+alt+Fn I hit only gives me a black screen with a prompt flashing in the upper left corner ...

IIRC, in single user mode, this is normal.

Launching a graphic session with startx instead of gdm/kdm doesn't change anything except that I don't even have any flashing prompt on my black screen anymore.

This is an old, old bug (IMO) in the binary nvidia module. I've had this problem since getting Linux running on my old pentium m laptop with a 6000 go series chip.

For example:

and possible fix (seems to be hit or miss):