Re: Ctrl+alt+Fn not showing consoles

Le 26/04/2010 19:43, Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit :

rudu wrote:
Hi,
Running squeeze on AMD64 arch, my system recently stopped to let me
get my consoles after I hit the ctrl+alt+Fn keys (n = 1 to 6).

When did it stop?

I can't be sure but that may coincide with that kernel*-trunk thing, when I had to go back to the nv driver as I couldn't get the proprietary Nvidia driver to compile with my new kernel.
FWIW, a few more details :
$ uname -a
Linux birdynam 2.6.32-3-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 24 18:07:42 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1)

Instead, my monitor first blackens then presents me the exact replica
of my graphic session's screen except that it reacts to nothing,
there is no mouse cursor anyway, until I hit ctrl+alt+F7 to get my
fully functional graphic session back again.
I tried to replace gdm by kdm, to test from within KDE4 or gnome, and
got the exact same behavior.
I don't know where to look now, nor which words would make a valuable
google search ...