Re: Ctrl+alt+Fn not showing consoles

Le 27/04/2010 03:48, Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit :

rudu wrote:
Le 26/04/2010 20:55, Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit :

So are you still running nv?
Yes

and what was the driver that wouldn't compile?
I run x86-195.36.15 on the latest Sid kernel and it compiles just
fine, but I don't (yet) have a AMD64 system.

Excerpt from /var/log/nvidia-installer.log :
Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
WARNING: Skipping the runlevel check (the utility `runlevel` failed
to run).
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 195.36.15.
-> Performing CC sanity check with CC="cc".
-> Performing CC version check with CC="cc".
-> The CC version check failed:

   [...]

Indeed. Forget this if it is beating a dead horse, but did you have
gcc-4.3 + gcc-4.4 both installed? I did and I set the symlink gcc to
gcc-4.3 and that got rid of the message.

Thank you Hugo, I managed to compile the proprietary driver.
Now every ctrl+alt+Fn leads to a complete black screen, with no prompt or cursor or anything.
Ctrl+alt+F7 works as expected.
Could it be that my system stopped creating the consoles at boot time ?
What should I check and where ?

TIA,
Jean-Marc