Re: Temporary deconnection from the Internet when too much pages are loaded

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:38:24 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> Some tips:
>>
>> 1/ When you experience the network glitches, try to ping to some site
>> or download e-mails to check if the lag is present in another
>> connections or just browsing.

> That is what I did. No ping answer, whatever the IP or DNS. Just as if I
> was not connected. But my router is still connected to the WAN, and the
> router is still connected to the LAN.

Ugh.

Then the origin of the problem can be in the router itself.

Look into the router's options (QoS, firewall settings, logs...) to check
if you can tune some of these parameters.

It happens to me very frequently that the router NAT tables are filled up
and momentary I loose Internet connection. This happens in a local
network with many clients (a busy router) but I won't discard something
similar is happening here.

Also, search into the manufacturer site for a firmware update.

You can also test with another computer connected to the same router to
see if it happens the same and so discard any configuration problem in
the machine.

>> 3/ Change DNS servers and test with others.

> You mean that I should try others DNS servers from my ISP? What would it
> change? I shall try, but I need to know their IPs.

If a ping does not work, it's a bad sign (I mean, not a DNS issue).

Anyway, yes, you can use whatever DNS server you want, they do not need
to be the ones your ISP provides.

I.e., you can use openDNS public servers (208.67.222.222-208.67.220.220)
or Google's ones (8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón