Re: Temporary deconnection from the Internet when too much pages are loaded

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-15 06:38, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Hmph...
>
> Before opening the pages, start capturing packets (using wireshark if
> you must, or tshark from the CLI).
I will try this.

> Your symptoms *probably* happen to me, but I just accept it as part of
> Firefox's poor threading.
>
> For example, if I "kill -15" the Iceweasel pid then exit the GUI to
> apt-get upgrade and then restart xfce and Iceweasel, all the (4 or 5)
> windows and (total of 20-50) tabs restore.  It takes 3-4 minutes for
> all of them to complete loading.
That is a good example of a massive tab load. If I have so many tabs
opened, and that I kill the resp. pid, I can restore the tabs, just as
you do, and then the whole connection stalls. Nothing loads, and each
URL keeps its name, not the page's title.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.