RE: ALSA problem? ...SOLVED

> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:25:52 +0200
> From: riesebie@lxtec.de
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: ALSA problem?
>
> * Oscar Corte [100402 15:19 +0000]
> [...]
> > snd_ens1371 19072 0
> >
> > snd_ac97_codec 88452 1
> > snd_ens1371
> >
> > snd_usb_audio 70272
> > 1
>
> What tells
> $ aplay -l
> ?
>
> I suppose that snd-usb-audio is placed as the first sound device. So
> try as follows:
>
> Create as root /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf with the following content:
>
> ########
> alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371
> options snd-ens1371 index=0
> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> options snd-usb-audio index=1
> #######
>
> Run as root:
> # alsa force-reload
> or
> # reboot
>
> and test again
>
> --
> "Talking much about oneself can also
> be a means to conceal oneself."
> -Friedrich Nietzsche
>

> --

Elimar:

It worked!!!

Thanks a lot, but please stay with me. I don't know what I did, just followed your instructions. I'm a lot more interested on learning about Debian that listening to music.

File "sound.conf" was not there. Is it that I lost it somehow or is this file a trick of yours to fix the sound? Could yot refer me to any  documentation where I could find answers about what happened?

Thanks a lot in advance and Regards

Oscar Corte