RE: ALSA problem?

Stephen:

Sorry for nor providing the required information. It's is listed next:

(1) Make and model of your computer

Dell XPS T600 (Pentium III 600 Mhz.) (Very old)

(2) Make and model of your sound card, including sound chipset, if known

Creative Audi PCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)

(3) What release of Debian are you running (Lenny, Squeeze, etc.)

Lenny 4.1.2-25 up to date through Synaptics

(4) What packages are installed that start with "alsa"

alsa-base, alsa-utils

(5) What kernel modules are loaded that begin with "snd"

snd_ens1371 19072 0

snd_ac97_codec 88452 1 snd_ens1371

snd_usb_audio 70272 1

snd_pcm_oss 32800 0

snd_mixer_oss 12320 1 snd_pcm_oss

snd_pcm 62660 4 snd_ens1371,snd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss

snd_usb_lib 13472 1 snd_usb_audio

snd_hwdep 6212 1 snd_usb_audio

snd_seq_dummy 2660 0

snd_seq_oss 24992 0

snd_seq_midi 5728 0

snd_rawmidi 18496 3 snd_ens1371,snd_usb_lib,snd_seq_midi

snd_seq_midi_event 6432 2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi

snd_seq 41456 6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event

snd_timer 17800 2 snd_pcm,snd_seq

snd_seq_device 6380 5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq

snd_page_alloc 7816 1 snd_pcm

(6) What columns labels are shown by alsamixer? (scroll left and right

Auto Hain Control [Off], Mic[dB gain=9.00]

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it. As far as I remember sound used to work.

Regards