Re: ALSA problem?

Hi,

I believe the below information will help you.

Installing the latest stable ALSA modules

For an easy install we will be using the ATrpms repository.

1. Load up a terminal window if you are in the graphic interface.

2. Switch to the root user by entering the command “su -” (without the quotes) and typing in your root password

3. Edit the file /etc/yum.conf. Using nano we type the command:

nano -w /etc/yum.conf

4. If you have already configured yum to use the ATrpms repository then append “*alsa*” to the end of the “includepkgs” line and skip the next setup. Otherwise continue on.

5. Add the following to the bottom of this file:

[atrpms]
name=EL $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
gpgkey=http://ATrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
exclude=*kmdl*i586*
includepkgs=*alsa*

6. Save the file. In nano you press Ctrl-X, answer yes to the “Save modified buffer” question and then press enter on the file name to write.

7. If you have not previously setup ATrpms execute the following command:

rpm --import http://ATrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms

8. Now execute the following command:

yum install alsa-driver alsa-kmdl-`uname -r`

9. Reboot your system and you will be using the updated ALSA module.

Remember that you may need to adjust your volume settings.

_Krishna