Re: Repartitioning a USB external HD. Need help removing existing partition [SOLVED]

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:11:48 -0700
Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:18:57AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:51:07 -0700
> > Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:

> > > I've had two passports for about 3 and 5 years now. The third and newest,
> > > the only SATA, died from a ridiculously small drop, maybe three feet onto
> > > carpet.
> >
> > While on or off?
> >

> Off.
>
> I remember the moment of realization and watching it drop. It hit squarely
> on the corner.  Seems like that was the real death knell, rather than a
> displaced or glancing impact pattern, maybe a speared-headed impact pattern.
>
> It doesn't spin.

Good to know - I guess it's just luck of the draw.  I once cringed as I
dropped my WD external about four feet (onto carpet), but so far
(months later) it's still working fine.

Celejar