Re: Repartitioning a USB external HD. Need help removing existing partition [SOLVED]

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:18:57AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:51:07 -0700
> Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:

> > I've had two passports for about 3 and 5 years now. The third and newest,
> > the only SATA, died from a ridiculously small drop, maybe three feet onto
> > carpet.
>
> While on or off?

Off.

I remember the moment of realization and watching it drop. It hit squarely
on the corner.  Seems like that was the real death knell, rather than a
displaced or glancing impact pattern, maybe a speared-headed impact pattern.

It doesn't spin.

On cannibalization I noted that it had decent shock absorption built in.

So the electronics is now my incidental USB hookup for SATAs.

I'll be buying enclosures separately in the future. I like WD but a seller
on eBay is telling me that Hitachi has the best powering/performance
economy, a big consideration when hooking up a USB drive to a laptop when
power is scarce.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman