Re: playing/ripping audio cds

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
For simply ripping CDs, I've always had great success using abcde. No frills, simple rip+transcode from WAV -> MP3/OGG/FLAC.

I haven't used abcde but your email made me want to learn about it which resulted in finding the website here http://lly.org/~rcw/abcde/page/ indicating it is no longer maintained.  Also the links to download recent versions or view recent updates via that website are broken.  Is the website is accurate and the package isn't actively maintained any more?