Re: How to reduce a debian system to a base system

> I suppose I can classify this as an experiment case, whereas I will
> likely later on try out various (which may include Apache, Samba,
> whatever really, etc) Debian packages on the system. This time I plan
> to keep better track of what I have installed so that the packages can
> be purged easily when I am finished with the application.

So the intention is to get rid of some packages you've installed "for
experimentation purposes"?
In that case, you might want to ask for a list of packages which are not
marked as "auto-installed".  This should only list the packages you've
exlicitly asked to install, so it should be a reasonably short list,
which you can then review manually to decide what to remove.

Sadly, I can't think off-hand of a command that will list the packages
that are installed and aren't marked "auto-installed".
Can anyone help?

        Stefan