Re: How to reduce a debian system to a base system

Mike Viau wrote:
In essence I would like to revert my system back to a freshly installed state, without reinstalling. Ultimatly is this possible?
-snip-
I was hoping to find a solution for a currently running Debian system rather then to create a bare bone baseline or image...

Wouldn't the easiest way be to backup all important data and
reinstall? That _should_ give the same end result. But if that
isn't a viable option for you, please explain why. Is this perhaps
a remote server that you can't get your hands on, I can see how
that would be a problem.

--
Odd