Installing a "backport"

Here is how you go about not damaging your system in ANY WAY:

Find a package/program in your distribution´s repository that suits you and doesn´t come from Backports, Backporting stuff is almost running Stable/Testing, somethings won´t matter ...  but many will, I only recommend Backports if you can´t have the program you want in Stable AND your boss is threatning to fire you if you don´t use Backports (other cases just go directly to Testing) ;-)

Rogerio

2010/3/20 Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>

On Saturday 20 March 2010 16:16:01 Stephen Powell wrote:
> By the way, saying something like "please be sure you are correct before
> replying" is a good way to get no replies at all.

This was certainly what put me off replying.  This was one of the rare
occasions where I would have felt possibly able to help.  But this seemed to
me rather aggressive.  And anyway, as others have said, I am most certainly
_not_ infallible.

Lisi