Re: Radeon HD 3850 / RV670 AGP: no firmware loaded / slow

On Wed,17.Mar.10, 11:27:19, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> OK, doing
>
> modprobe -r radeon
> modprobe radeon modeset=1
>
> using 2.6.32-3-amd64 results in a working machine which actually
> performance workplace and application switching at acceptable speed.

Are you sure the modeset=1 is actually needed? AFAIU radeon is not
completely ready for KMS (at least not in Debian).

> Now I just have 1 error left in my XOrg.log:
>
> (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed because of a version mismatch.
> [dri] radeon kernel module version is 2.0.0 but version 1.17.0 or newer is needed.
> [dri] Disabling DRI.

The error message is quite strange: the Xorg driver complains that a
newer kernel module is needed, but 2.0.0 should be newer than 1.17.0...

Regards,
Andrei