Re: Radeon HD 3850 / RV670 AGP: no firmware loaded / slow

Hi Andrei,

OK, doing

modprobe -r radeon
modprobe radeon modeset=1

using 2.6.32-3-amd64 results in a working machine which actually
performance workplace and application switching at acceptable speed.

Now I just have 1 error left in my XOrg.log:

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed because of a version mismatch.
[dri] radeon kernel module version is 2.0.0 but version 1.17.0 or newer is needed.
[dri] Disabling DRI.

BTW: how can I get the radeon module loaded with those parameters by
default? Stopping gdm, un- and reloading the driver manually is rather
cumbersome.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld