Re: aptitude lists linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 under Obsolete and Locally Created Packages?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:34:29 +0000
Angus Hedger <demidevil@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Angus,

> I did notice that myself (Also a AMD64 machine), this kernel update
> also caused me more problems with X than before (had to roll back to

I too, am having problems with X.  Even after Stephen Powell's excellent
explanation of things in the Xorg.conf thread, I can't get a properly
working monitor setup.  I get a display, but not at the monitor's
preferred resolution.  Still, even that's an improvement on a few months
back;  X wouldn't even start!

> enough to get into the terminal, for some reason my keyboard wasnt
> being detected! )

That, plus the mouse, are detected fine here.

--
 Regards  _

Junk floats on polluted water
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & The Banshees