Re: aptitude lists linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 under Obsolete and Locally Created Packages?

Sam wrote:
> Maybe I don't understand how aptitude works for this case. From
> everything I can see, if I remove the kernel that aptitude lists as
> obsolete, I won't have any kernel at all.

First of all, you replied to me personally instead of to the list.
I'm putting this back on the list where it belongs.

If you have already done the upgrade, you should have two kernel
image packages installed: linux-image-2.6.32-3-<arch> and
linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-<arch>.  If you wish to purge the old
kernel, shutdown and reboot first.  This will cause the new kernel
to be booted.  Then you can purge the old one.  aptitude will
not let you purge or remove a running kernel.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :