Re: aptitude lists linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 under Obsolete and Locally Created Packages?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:12 -0400 (EDT), Brad Rogers wrote:
> I too, am having problems with X.  Even after Stephen Powell's excellent
> explanation of things in the Xorg.conf thread, I can't get a properly
> working monitor setup.  I get a display, but not at the monitor's
> preferred resolution.  Still, even that's an improvement on a few months
> back;  X wouldn't even start!

Brad,

If you will provide the following information, I'll be glad to take
a look at it for you.

(1) What release of Debian are you running (Lenny, Squeeze, etc.)
(2) What is the make and model of your computer
(3) What is the make and model of your video card
(4) What is the make and model of your monitor
(5) What is the current contents of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
(6) What is the current contents of your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :