Re: Fresh Debian Install w/o Exim?

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> type
> aptitude install nullmailer
> in a root konsole.  Press <enter>.
> Lisi

Yes I understand now but as I stated before that installing Postfix,
Sendmail, or any other alternative MTA has no impact on the real
problem at hand. What ever MTA you choose to install, APT auto removes
Exim but leaves tons of files and directories behind. For some this is
no big deal but when you're an OCD Linux administrator, any rogue or
orphaned files like this drive you crazy.

If you did any kind of install, Exim is installed and when you attempt
to install any alternative MTA, APT will auto remove Exim but leaves
you with clutter. Also if you decide to 1st manually remove Exim from
Debian using the '--purge' option, it still leaves behind all this
mess.