Re: confused by bug

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 07:35:10PM +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> > Contrast this with the "stable" version, which has migrated from
> > stable-proposed-updates to stable.
>
> Sorted. After I realised you were talking about texlive-bin, while
> texlive-latex-base is built from texlive-base, I read the reports a
> little more thoroughly.

Ah, that was because I didn't read your original mail carefully, and
just glanced at the bug and concluded that it was texlive-bin. Apologies.

> It turns out (though this was still not clear from the reports) that if
> I upgraded texlive-base-bin (and texlive-pdfetex, though I suspect
> that's irrelevant)(which are built from texlive-bin) from
> oldstable-proposed-updates, that changed something (probably fmtutil)
> which enabled the existing texlive-latex-base to install.
>
> A bit tortuous, but I got there :-)

Glad that you got there. But it's time to do the dist-upgrade dance
and move to Lenny! ;-)

Kumar
--
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."