Fresh Debian Install w/o Exim?

I am trying to install Debian (Testing) via 'netinst' disk and for
some reason am completely unable to install Debian w/o Exim. It
appears that Cron is a default package and depends on Exim. Does
anyone know how I can completely omit this from a fresh Debian
install? When I run:

apt-get remove --purge exim4

I am still left with tons of man pages, config files, user accounts
(Debian-exim) for the application I just removed. Basically I am left
with a bunch if orphaned junk files for an application I never wanted
to have installed to begin with.

Any advice?

*PS - I am trying to use Postfix for a replacement MTA and even when I
install Postfix, it auto removes Exim4 however still leaves all the
orphaned files and junk.*