RE: Upgrade to Lenny?

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:28:53 +0000
> From: amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Upgrade to Lenny?

> Herewith a correctly formatted /etc/network/interfaces for an eth0
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
&g t; iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.1.115
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> network 192.168.1.0
> broadcast 192.168.1.255
> gateway 192.168.1.1
> # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
> dns-nameservers 62.31.176.39 195.188.53.113 195.188.53.114
>
> and the corresponding /etc/resolv.conf
>
> nameserver 192.168.1.1
>
> [resolvconf was previously installed, I think - in any event, the
> dns-nameservers line points to my ISP's nameservers here and the single
> nameserver line points to my current network gateway]
>
> This also works
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.1.115
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> network 192.168.1.0
> broadcast 192.168.1.255
> gateway 192.168.1.1
>
> and
>
> nameserver 195.188.53.114
> nameserver 195.188.53.113
> nameserver 194.168.4.100
>
> where the /etc/resolv.conf has a direct reference to three of the ISPs
> nameservers - if one goes, then the next one is tried: the
> /etc/network/interfaces no longer has the reference to dns-nameservers
> and /etc/resolv.conf
>
> Glad to hear that you upgraded to Lenny: use the above files as a
> reference if it helps,
>
> All the best,
>
> AndyC
>

> --

Thank you . I modified my Lenny settings as the followings :
- under /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.10.114
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.10.0
broadcast 192.168.10.255
gateway 192.168.10.2
dns-nameservers 4.2.2.4 192.9.9.3
- under /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 4.2.2.4
But still the gateway cannot be PING . Please be informed that , with respect to my low Internet bandwidth , I just installed the Base System on my Lenny . Can it be the root cause of the problem of not being able to connect my Lenny to Internet ? Please comment me .