Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:10:19 +0000
Michal <michal@ionic.co.uk> wrote:

> > Well, we 're not Google or Facebook, and we would like to stick with
> > linux...
> >

> I'm not 100% sure what that has to do with anything...I'm taking a a
> guess at maybe your thinking of high performance web sites in which case
> it has a lot of uses over just that, if that's what you think.

Google and Facebook, being among the highest profile of internet
enterprises, are probably huge hacking targets, and security on their
'net facing systems (and the rest of them) is obviously crucial, since
their data is important, and they would suffer terribly (in the sense
of losing user trust) if hackers stole it.

Celejar