how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

(it is, isn't it? :-) )

So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo, and are searching for our new environment. From my personal experience I would say debian stable - any hard evidence to support the claim? Server OS statistics? Statistics for stableness? Bugs? Any white papers showing debian's superiority?

I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can point me to something like real hard evidence...

Thanks,
G.