Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

Tim Clewlow wrote:
On 22/02/2010 13:01, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
(it is, isn't it? :-) )

So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo,
are searching for our new environment. From my personal experience
would say debian stable - any hard evidence to support the claim?
OS statistics? Statistics for stableness? Bugs? Any white papers
debian's superiority?

I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can
me to something like real hard evidence...

Depending on what you want to use the servers for, OpenBSD

I second this - *bsd is very good for servers. Gnu/Linux is adequate
for small scale enterprises but will not give you the hard core
grunt that *bsd will. Also OpenBSD has a seriously secure core

Well, we 're not Google or Facebook, and we would like to stick with linux...