Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

2010/2/22 Γιώργος Πάλλας <gpall@ccf.auth.gr>:
> (it is, isn't it? :-) )
>
> So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo, and are
> searching for our new environment. From my personal experience I would say
> debian stable -  Server OS
> statistics? Bugs? Any white papers showing
> debian's superiority?
>

> I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can point me
> to something like real hard evidence...

Hi you can see about the Debian statistics into this link
http://wiki.debian.org/Statistics

I am thinking that you can test Debian on a parallel server, I worked
with Slackware but I changed my OS to Debian  and can get a succesfull
migration.
The test is the best way to see the problems or the profit.

> Thanks,
> G.

PD: I sorry, because my english is so bad.

--
ceduardo