Re: vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Varghese <sam@gnubies.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:05:45 +1100 (EST)

the kernel image listed above was added to my system (testing on an ibm
thinkpad) during a recent dist-upgrade.

it runs through all the regular boot messages but then refuses to bring up
the log-in screen. the boot loh does not indicate anything unusual.

this isn't a major issue as the system boots and runs as it should with
the previous kernel image, vmlinuz-2.6.30-686.

has anyone else experienced this? any way around it? or should one wait
for a fix to appear in the regular course of things?

thanks,
sam
----
(Sam Varghese)

PS: anyone responding, please copy me in as i am not subscribed to the
list. --------------------------------
 I had a similar issue & I found
that I needed to install the correct firmware from the testing version
of Debian.  The developers have split off a lot of the firmware into
sort of modules instead of having all of them in the kernel image.
Install firmware-linux, & the dependent free & non free drivers. You
may need to look at the other firmeware drivers to find what is needed
for your specific hardware. Hope this helps. My issues was an older
ati-rage videoboard that the drivers were taken out of the kernel.
--
John Foster