Expand a .img raw disk image.

Hi everyone,

I'm building a custom Debian image to be installed from USB.

I've basically been following this post:
http://blogs.koolwal.net/2009/02/25/installing-linux-on-usb-part-7-install-debian-linux-from-usb-drive/

and trying to modify the process a bit.

Basically I've got the debian boot image from:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/boot.img.gz

and I was wondering if there was anyway I could enlarge that raw image to expand it to fit on a 1GB memory stick to allow me to drop on an install image that is larger than 256mb.

Does anything know how I'd go about expanding the image - ie enlarging the debian usb boot image to make it ~975MiB uncompressed...?

I'm not sure how clear what I'm asking is so please feel free to ask for clarification,

Cheers,

Tim