vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686

the kernel image listed above was added to my system (testing on an ibm
thinkpad) during a recent dist-upgrade.

it runs through all the regular boot messages but then refuses to bring up
the log-in screen. the boot loh does not indicate anything unusual.

this isn't a major issue as the system boots and runs as it should with
the previous kernel image, vmlinuz-2.6.30-686.

has anyone else experienced this? any way around it? or should one wait
for a fix to appear in the regular course of things?

thanks,
sam
----
(Sam Varghese)

PS: anyone responding, please copy me in as i am not subscribed to the list.