Re: which debian i should install?

>On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Jari Fredriksson <jarif@iki.fi> wrote:
>I have used Linux from 1994, but mostly in servers and text mode. I now
>have a VirtualBox on my Windows, and desktop linuces on that too. I have
>latest Debian, and latest Ubuntu Desktops.
>
>While I prefer Debian as my server systems, I definitely prefer Ubuntu
>as a Desktop. The Debian workstation has this font problem: it just does
>not like usable out of the box. Ubuntu looks great.
>

>As a Linux beginner, I say: go Ubuntu. That way you get the Debian open
>system with acceptable user experience.

Your linux experience definitely outweighs mine (only about 1 year for me) but I tried to give Ubuntu a chance several times this past year and always wound up coming back to Debian.  To each his/her own I suppose, but I guess I would expect to hear "use Ubuntu" from people in an experience range more like mine, while I'd expect to hear "use Debian" from people with more experience.  Strange to hear the opposite in this case.

Either way, I hope the OP finds the distro that works for them.

Mark