Re: which debian i should install?

The OP sounded like they just didn't know which of the 31 CD images were
necessary to get Debian going. I agree with the poster who suggested a
Debian Live CD.

If you have a 32-bit processor, try:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/i386/iso-cd/debian-live-503-i386-gnome-desktop.iso
21e9249ad7b3c176f4d2f0d6b3569c30  debian-live-503-i386-gnome-desktop.iso

If you have a 64-bit processor, try:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/amd64/iso-cd/debian-live-503-amd64-gnome-desktop.iso
cd6d242795a3908d64d04c595da0c144 debian-live-503-amd64-gnome-desktop.iso

I've included the MD5SUMs for these downloads. The purpose of those is
for you to confirm that your download is not corrupted. Once the
download completes, get to a command line prompt or ms-dos prompt and type:

 md5sum [put the filename here]

and make sure the result matches. Some CD-burning applications give you
this information automatically.

The above recommendations suggest a Gnome desktop. If you want to try
KDE or xfce instead, there are different downloads available by drilling
down from: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/

However, I also agree with those who generally install from the net:
Much smaller download and you're sure to get the latest versions of all
packages. You suggested you could not install from a network, but if
there's a way for you to take this machine somewhere with a reliable net
connection, that'd be preferable. (Without a reliable net connection
you'll never download a 600+MB cd iso anyway.)

Brian