Re: OOo 3 dependency hell in Lenny backports

Zhan wrote:
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org <mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org>> wrote:

<snip>
    So, what am I doing wrong/how do I get OOo 3 installed?

I am quoting from Backports.org instructions, try if it works for you.

[begin_quote]

3. All backports are deactivated by default (i.e. the packages are pinned to 1 by using |NotAutomatic: yes| in the Release files, just as in experimental). If you want to install something from backports run:

*apt-get -t lenny-backports install /“package”/*

Of course, you can use *aptitude* as well:

* aptitude -t lenny-backports install /“package”/*

*/[end_quote]/*

For me, I have set backports with the highest priorities, so anything at backports.org <http://backports.org> with a higher version number will be automatically installed.

Good luck.

Thanks for that, Zahn, it (aptitude) worked perfectly. What a pity Synaptic is not that capable. Ah well...

Personally I am quite happy with running Lenny, with updates, on my server - therefore also on a number of LTSP workstations. Occasionally, in cases such as this, I resort to backports, but certainly wouldn't want to be automatically selecting the backport.

I run Kubuntu on my laptop, though...

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |