Re: OOo 3 dependency hell in Lenny backports

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
Hi,

Running Lenny here, which installs OOo 2 by default, but has OOo 3 in backports, which I'd like to install.

With Synaptic, I've tried "Force Version" on the OOo metapackage to the backports one, but it comes up with all sorts of unresolved deps. Similarly, trying to force the individual packages breaks dependencies at some stage.

I've even tried uninstalling OOo 2 completely, then installing the pacports one, but it just results in OOo 2 being reinstalled.

So, what am I doing wrong/how do I get OOo 3 installed?

Cheers
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |

I am quoting from Backports.org instructions, try if it works for you.

[begin_quote]

3. All backports are deactivated by default (i.e. the packages are pinned to 1 by using NotAutomatic: yes in the Release files, just as in experimental). If you want to install something from backports run:

apt-get -t lenny-backports install “package”

Of course, you can use aptitude as well:

aptitude -t lenny-backports install “package”

[end_quote]

For me, I have set backports with the highest priorities, so anything at backports.org with a higher version number will be automatically installed.

Good luck.

--