Re: Gammu|Wammu with Motorola RZR V3

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:42:50 -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> I'm attempting to get Gammu to read my Razor via USB data cable. The
> phone is mounted; I can see this by issuing 'lsusb | grep Motorola'
> which returns;
> 	Bus 001 Device 003: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone
(AT)

> My question is how do I get Wammu to see it. I used the manual config
> wizard as well as the guided one to no avail. It seems it expects a
> device listing in the form of; '/dev/ttyS0' which isn't applicable it
> seems anymore.
>
> Hopefully there are some folks around that have some experience with
> this software and can help me.

I tested it once with my Motorola K1 and that time was detected under "/
dev/ttyACM0". The phone can be configured to act (to be detected) as "usb
flash drive" or "data connection" (modem). To use it with wammu it has to
be configured as the latter.

Just plug the phone into usb port and type "dmesg" in a terminal (gnom-
terminal, xterm...) to see what is going on.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón