Re: Two computers in one: two users each with their own accounts, monitor, and keyboard?

On 1/12/2010 1:14 AM, Albretch Mueller wrote:
~
  Let me add a few more general points about multiseat environments ...

~
  Also say you have a home setup or a lab in which security illusions
are less of an issue and using one of these 50 a 100 ft long VGA
cables you have a "seat" in another room. How would she from her room
use a USB external mini device with her data, if USB cables can not be
that long (this is why the picture of the Linux mag article looks
unbearably crowded ;-))  Extra large keyboard, sound and monitor
cables are not that expensive (and if companies start mass marketting
them they would surely become even less expensive) but USB
cables/protocol have some physical impairments. That is why people
using cameras and hidden places need all these "repeaters" and stuff

There is such a thing as a repeater cable. Nine bucks from Newegg gets you sixteen more feet. Multiple cables can be chained. (However your point is well taken, at least by me.

Mark Allums