Re: how to put packages on hold -- permanently

Did you consider using aptitude as your main package manager?? It will solve
these problems easily. I just hold packages that I need to be hold and
aptitude works great.

I dont understand why so many people today use pure apt-get for everyday
package management.

Robert.