how to put packages on hold -- permanently

Dear all

Some packges, for example nano, tasksel, aptitude or
texlive-pstricks-doc, I do not want to have installed.

However, when I set them on hold by

  echo nano hold | dpkg --set-selections
  echo tasksel hold | dpkg --set-selections
  echo aptitude  hold | dpkg --set-selections
  echo texlive-pstricks-doc hold | dpkg --set-selections

the hold-settings are ignored by dselect or by apt-get.

Is there anywhere a setting that I can make dselect and apt-get obey
to my hold-settings permanently?

Thanks

wbr,
Lukas