Re: [Fwd: Re: Alt key not working]

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 06:23:49AM EST, roberto wrote:

> actually it worked again after restarting the kdm manager

Now that you have a workaround, you probably want to find out what
causes this in the first place and the way to correct it in your
particular context. My guess is that there is a mismatch between your
keyboard map and your expectations - where you want the key marked "Alt"
on the right of your keyboard to be "Alt" and not "AltGr".

> thank you very much for your replies

NP ..

[..]

Please trim your replies to the list.. no sense posting back 100+ lines
of stuff that's no longer relevant and that nobody will read anyway.

CJ