Html code for playing local flash files

Hi,

I want to play the downloaded flash.swf files in my browser. I.e., I
don't want to play them with an extra standalone player. But apparently
firefox refuses to play them without a proper html file.

So just for the learning purpose, what could be minimum html code be for
firefox (and IE, sigh) to play the downloaded flash.swf file?

Seeing the complicated object, classid, param name, embed, etc, etc tags/
attributes in the original html source make my head spin. Please help.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/