[Fwd: Re: Alt key not working]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Alt key not working
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:25:41 +0100
From: roberto <roberto03@gmail.com>
To: Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
roberto wrote:

hello, i use debian 5.0 and recently i ran into the following strange
malfunctioning:
i do not know why, but the Alt key of the keyboard suddenly stopped
working

is there any way to get an idea of what is going on ?

thank you very much in advance

Have you checked out the console-tools package?

The showkey program for instance.

yes and i get
~$ showkey
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

From your reply it is not clear, to me anyway, if you do have the console-tools package installed. The showkeys program is in that package. If you need to figure out how/what it is for, I suggest you try reading the man page.

Please to NOT send personal mail to people who attempt to help you.
Responding to the list is the normal way to get help for yourself and other members of D-U.

Wayne