Re: Debian can not boot from RAID-1

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Justin The Cynical <cynical@penguinness.org> wrote:
Yuriy Kuznetsov wrote:
Hi Justin,

This is the problem: system does not boot at all; it goes as far as DRAC check and stopped; it does not even try to load the kernel.
It looks like the system can not see RAIDs at all.

May be I need to install some Dell modules for my RAID controller to be recognized as one of he boot options?

Dell modules?  Are you thinking like a kernel module?  No, if the system doesn't even show the initrd loading, that won't do any good.  I've never heard of anyone needing anything special to boot linux on a Dell.

What is the last thing that displays on the screen when you power it on?   A non-system disk error?  Swear words in Mongolian?

Knowing this should help diagnose the issue.

There is no non-system disk error message, nothing which says disk at all.
I'll check today what exactly is the last message during boot(I think it's something about DRAC but not 100%) when get to that machine tonight.

And definitely I did not see anything in Mongolian on the screen ;-)

Regards,
yuriy