Re: FreeNet and Java

Nick Douma wrote:

I don't see the "pink rectangle" with any lines of text as one would
expect from Method 1 on this page.  I guess that I can conclude that
Iceape is not picking up the Java either, even though I do have the
"enable Java" option ticked in Edit/ Preferences/ Advanced tab.

O.k. Let's assume now that you have not installed the runtime environment
(JRE).

See above.  If the latest sun-java6-jre *is* already installed, then it
seems that this is not being picked up by the browser(s).  I was under
the impression that this was done automagically, but perhaps there is
something that I am supposed to be setting?  As mentioned previously, I
did ensure that my system was using the right java package, but ... ?

Any ideas?

Looks like you forgot to install sun-java6-plugin.

Thanks Nick - that did it.  When I go to http://www.javatester.org/version.html I can now see the pink rectangle with the text inside.

Thanks.

AG