Re: FreeNet and Java

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:33:35 +0000, AG wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> Can you run FreeNet from Iceape?
>>

> No - not from:
>
>     Iceape
>     Midori
>     Epiphany
>     Opera
>     Iceweasel

And you get the same message from all of them? :-?

>>> This creates a further query: will this conflict with my sun-java6-*
>>> installation if I installed it?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>

> I suspected as much.

The point here is to determine if you already have the Java JRE installed
and the output of "update-alternatives --config" you said before
indicated that is currently installed.

>> You have to test it with Midori, the browser you are going to use to
>> launch Freenet.
>>

> I accept that.  I was only suggesting that the response from Iceape
> provided a clue.

Yes. Two questions about this:

1/ What about the "about:plugins" in Iceape? Can you see the Sun's java
JRE there?

2/ Can you run any java applet from Iceape? Go here and copy/paste the
results:

http://www.javatester.org/version.html

>> BTW, what are the results of the java test page runned from Midori?
>>

> The dotted circle on the test page remains for over 60 seconds and then
> defaults to the page that makes recommendations, seemingly not
> recognising any of my java jre installation.

Are you sure Midori browser can work with java? As per this forum thread,
it seems having no support :-?

http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=5190.0

Greetings,

--