Re: CD ISO images for the "testing" release

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:05:31 +0000
Tixy <debianuser@tixy.myzen.co.uk> dijo:

> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 22:07 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > I want a TORRENT that I can download with a bittorrent client like
> > Transmission. I don't want a jigdo, whatever that is. And I want a
> > bootable CD image that will continue the installation over the
> > internet. That is INTERNET, not a local network.
>
> The Swedish mirror I get directed to from the UK just now, maxes out my
> 8Mb/s ADSL line and I downloaded the netinst CD in less than 4 minutes.
> Why don't you try that?
>
> http://laotzu.acc.umu.se/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, while it may be very fast
from your side of the world, it is painfully slow from the west coast
of the United States.

> I note that the time between your first post saying your download was
> too slow, and your last post about trying to get a torrent was five
> hours. In that time, the 148MB iso could have downloaded even if the
> rate was 8kB/s.

The rate I was getting was about 4K/s. Yes, I could wait a couple days
for it to finish. What I want is a TORRENT. I keep saying that in this
thread, but apparently a torrent does not exist. At least, no one has
been able to tell me where to find one. The idea of a torrent is that
it saves the sender (Debian) bandwidth.