Re: Installing Postfix instead Exim4

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:06:39 +0100
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of installing some servers with Lenny and would
> like to install Postfix instead Exim, as I'm more used to it.
>
> I cannot see any option (under expert installer) to choose Postfix
> instead Exim so not sure about the correct procedure to achieve this.
>
> 1/ Should I install the default "mail server" template and once the
> system is fully installed then go and install Postfix?
>
> 2/ Or is there any available parameter I can pass the installer to
> select a specific mail server for installation, instead using the
> default one?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Greetings,

If you want to install postfix during setup, you have to use the manual
package selection option.
If you want to go with postfix, dont install the "mail server" template
as that only installs full exim.
What I usually do is install with only the basic setup so that it
installs exim-minimum and install postfix after the initial setup is
done.