Re: Inquiry:How to add a command to Debian server ?

hadi motamedi:

> Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I add a command to my
> Debian server ? Please be informed that I found on the web that if I can
> find the new command rpm package , then I can try to add it as the
> followings :
> #rpm -i ./package.i386.rpm

This advice applies to RPM-based distributions like RedHat, Suse etc.
Debian has its own package format (.deb).

> It seems that the link at www.pbone.net contains the rpm packages for most
> distro , except for the Debian . Can you please let me have the link to try
> for adding a command (like dmidecode) to my Debian server ?

You should read the Debian reference, especially chapter 2:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

Otherwise you are likely to mess up your system soon.

J.
--
I am not scared of death but terrified of people in Tommy Hilfiger
sweatshirts.