Re: Does everything depend on everything?

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:38:55 -0600
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> system anyway.  Either that or run pure unstable and have to fight
> dependencies during each transition (many of which happen during a
> release cycle).
>
> By the time you have enough knowledge to run a mixed system and/or
> fight those dependencies, you might as well run stable for most
> software, which occasional installs out of
> testing/unstable/experimental for the new features you need or
> development you are following.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by 'fighting
dependencies'.  I run Sid, and while I occasionally have to hold back
a few packages, and can't always do a complete, full upgrade, it's
simply a matter of holding back a few packages until they get into sync
again; I certainly don't have the skill to do anything particularly
sophisticated with dependencies.

Celejar